THE "NO SERVICE CHARGE" COMPANY
Don’t Let Your Family Freeze Through Long Winter Nights!
Our efficient team offers these quality heating services:
- Service For All Makes and Models
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Furnace Repairs and Installation
- Boiler Repairs and Installation
- Gas, Oil, or Electric
- Gas Fireplaces
- Water Heaters
- Geothermal Systems
- Geothermal Heating
- System Installation
- Geothermal Heating
- System Repair
- Thermostat Installation
Heater Maintenance Tips for Local HVAC Systems
If you have any question as to the safety or functionality of your heating system, don’t hesitate to contact our courteous representatives. In the meantime, we’ve gathered a list of regular maintenance items for Metro East home owners to keep in mind in order to ensure the health of their HVAC system.
An annual tune up is the perfect way to prevent any costly future repairs. When you schedule a tune up with your Dependable representative, your system will receive a full, thorough inspection of all components, a professional cleaning, adjustment of any necessary controls, and a complete safety check. Your family’s safety and comfort are our top priority!
- Make sure your vents are clear as blockages can cause your system to run inefficiently.
- Ensure your thermostat is working properly
- Change your air filter at the start of your heating season and continue to clean or replace it as needed every month while the system is in use.
- Inspect your system and home for potential gas leaks. If you notice the smell of gas or observe any worn or damaged connectors in your heater, call our professionals before starting your furnace.
- If your home utilizes an electric air cleaner, clean its air filter every other month.
- Call your Dependable Service Repair technician for an annual tune up.
Common Heating Issues:
Heating systems are complicated beasts. It can be difficult for many home owners to locate the troublesome component, as a single, tiny component can impact the entire system’s efficiency. If you notice these problems, contact our experts for quality consultation.
- The furnace won’t turn on.
- The pilot light is out.
- Strange noises occur during the furnace’s startup or operation.
- The main burner fails to ignite or won’t stay lit for longer than three seconds.
- The burners light, but the blower doesn’t turn on.
- The furnace blower stays on constantly.
There can be a variety of underlying issues causing these mechanical failures. Without a professional inspection, it may be impossible for home owners to discover the root cause. However, with the knowledgeable team at Dependable Service Repair on the case, you can rest easy. Many of these common problems also have common solutions. Below are some of these simple issues our team has experienced and how we can combat them.
- The furnace isn’t receiving power – When a system’s fan doesn’t respond to the thermostat, there could be bad wiring, a tripped breaker, or the furnace switch might be off. Other causes can be more complicated, including problems with the transformer, thermostat, control board, run capacitor, or even the blower motor. Our crack team can pinpoint the exact cause after a simple diagnostic test.
- Failing motor – Squeaking and squealing sounds are often a sign that your system’s motor is about to fail. Call our team immediately to prevent any further damage occurring.
- No ignition – With spark ignitions, a rapid clicking sound indicates that the burner is attempting to ignite. If it doesn’t, a blocked flue, faulty control board, or improper limit control could be the problem. Our technicians are experts at repairing or replacing these parts.
- Main burner problems – Dirty flame sensor or clogged condensate drains are typically the culprit with issues involving burners not staying lit. If the burner doesn’t light at all, the gas supply may be cut off. Minor cleaning and adjustments usually resolve these issues quickly.
- The run capacitor or motor – Problems with these components can cause the blower not to turn on after the burners ignite. Your Dependable representative can pinpoint if either of these parts need repair or replacement.
- Clogged air filter – Restricted air flow from a clogged filter may damage the limit switch, which would keep the blower motor running continuously. Our crew can replace the switch if it is in fact damaged as well as discuss air filter cleaning or replacement on your specific system.
Our experts will do everything in their power to repair your current HVAC system. However, there are instances where a repair simply isn’t an option. That’s why all our technicians are highly trained in HVAC installation. Unsure as to whether or not your system needs to be replaced? Here are some factors to help you determine what to do about your current furnace.
Whether you need a simple repair, regular maintenance, or a completely new heating system, Dependable Service Repair is your trusted HVAC authority. Contact our courteous representatives with any of your heating concerns or questions.