THE "NO SERVICE CHARGE" COMPANY
When Temperatures Rise, Let Us Help You Keep Your Cool!
Our Expert Technicians Can Provide These Quality Services:
- Service To All Makes and Models
- 24-Hour Emergency Services
- Seasonal Maintenance
- Preventative Maintenance
- Freon Checks
- Freon Leaks
- Thermostat Services
Air Conditioner Tips Home Owners Should Know
When it comes to maintaining and repairing your air conditioning unit, our specialists are always on hand to answer any question you may have. However, we’ve compiled some general tips and notes for Metro East home owners to give them the knowledge and power to keep on top of their HVAC system.
Our capable technicians can repair any troublesome unit, but there are steps that home owners can take to prevent many A/C breakdowns and repairs. Help us ensure you have safe, efficient HVAC operation and prevent any unexpected issues with these maintenance steps!
- Check your air filters. Your filters should be checked monthly and be cleaned or replaced if they are dirty. A dirty air filter can clog your system, causing your unit to work harder and, consequently, putting it through unnecessary wear and tear.
- Clean your equipment. Keep a shop vac handy to clean the components of your unit to avoid dirt and other obstructions from affecting your system’s efficiency.
- Keep the surrounding area clean. Don’t let any bushes or other greenery grow too close to your A/C unit, as they can obstruct it and decrease its running efficiency.
- Schedule regular, professional inspections. Before the cooling season begins, it’s a good idea to have our professionals inspect your system to ensure it’s in working order. We can find any potential problems and fix them before they become large issues when the summer heat kicks in.
Here are some of the more regular issues we see with air conditioning units. If you notice your system having any of the following problems, contact a courteous Dependable technician for quick and efficient solutions!
- The A/C unit won’t turn on
- Strange noises or vibrations occur during startup or operation
- The registers blow warm air
- The unit hums, but the fan doesn’t turn on
- The fan runs, but the compressor isn’t working
- You notice water pools around the air conditioner
Fortunately, because these are common issues, our experts know how to handle them. Here are some of the underlying issues for the above problems, and how our experts can solve them for you!
- The air conditioner isn’t getting any power. Bad wiring, a tripped breaker, or an overheated unit that has shut itself off can be the cause of this. A Dependable representative can check the unit for obstructions blocking airflow, repair any wiring, and reset the breaker.
- The fan belt is worn down. Replacing a fan belt is simple for our pros. However, if you should call us as soon as you notice a squealing from your unit, as a snapped belt can cause far more damage.
- Refrigerant is leaking. A hissing sound is indicative of this issue. Leaking refrigerant decreases efficiency and is also bad for the environment. We can replace any leaky tubing and recharge your system.
- The evaporator coil is frozen. This can cause warm air to come through your registers. Causes of a frozen coil include continual operation at night, low refrigerant level, poor circulation, and others.
- The fan motor is defective. By repairing or replacing a defective motor, we can ensure proper air circulation in your home.
- The compressor may be defective. A defective compressor can also cause warm air to circulate through your system. While repair is an option, the compressor is one of the most expensive components in an A/C system. Your Dependable technician can advise you whether repair or replacement is the best option.
- The condensate drain is clogged. All manner of debris can clog the condensate drain over time which could lead to water damage. We can flush the system and apply additives to prevent future clogs.
Air Conditioner Replacement:
While the thought of replacing your A/C system may be an expensive one, it can also be an investment in the future of your home. So, when is the right time to upgrade your unit? Consider these factors and, as always, consult the experts at Dependable Service Repair!
If you think a new air conditioning system is right for you, contact our courteous staff to discuss your options. We can help you choose the right unit and system for your home and needs. Dependable Service Repair is your trusted source for quality air conditioning service!